Monday, July 11, 2011

Introduction

Hi there! I’m Sarah. Yvonne& I have known each other for about four years, I would say. We bumped into each other on a horse forum and were both part of a group of closer-knit friends that migrated to a private message board when the larger community got flooded with spam. Yay us! That is how a girl from a volcanic rock in the middle of the Pacific came to know a girl from an island in the middle of the Atlantic and why we both share a love of horses. And cute doggies. And photography. And writing. Yvonne constantly says she likes my photos so here are some for you to enjoy:






For those who want to know, my camera is a Canon Powershot S3 IS. The best way to describe it is that it is a step up from a point-and-shoot and step down from a dSLR. It’s on the middle shelf. For the past year at the very least, I have been photographing ninety percent of the time using manual settings so as to force myself to be self-taught and experiment. I think it may be working.

Now I am going to talk more about myself, which I find rather awkward at times, because I’m not sure that you even care, but it may help to put the rest of my writing into context. Or not. But my thought is that I’ll just get rid of this all in one post then you won’t have to ever read about me anymore!

Although I am not Hawaiian in ethnicity, I am what one would call a “local”, having been born and raised there. I know what you are thinking. Watch me read your mind:

1. What is it like being in the States? Hawaii has been a part of the USA for over fifty years! rAwr.
2. Do you dance hula and wear coconuts/surf/speak Hawaiian/eat raw fish/live in a grass shack in Kealakekua? No. Sorry to disappoint. But I do eat Spam!

Did that help? So pretty much I lived about a twenty minute drive away from the beach and my town is known for its cattle ranch. I do have a horse that I had to leave behind (I’ll get to that part soon, I’m trying to stay somewhat in chronological order!) and she is the bestest. I’ll save her for a later post though.

This is her, Miss Take

In the summer of 2010, I moved 2,400+ miles to the state of Indiana to pursue my dreams of becoming a horse trainer(woo)! I am an intern at a dressage farm and LOVE it to bits. So far I have been working with unstarted& green horses, doing AI breeding, riding upper level horses, showing, trailer/tractor driving and much, much more. I came with the intention to stay for three months, but somehow that has turned into a year and I cannot be happier!

This is me and Rocketman.
5-year-old stallion from the farm at his third horse show.

People who meet me always peg me as being mature for my age (or stature? I am short), but when you get to know me better you might find out that I can be a little bit on the silly and random side, as well. I am hoping to bring some humorous insight into what I am learning here at the farm as well as blabbing about whatever happens to be on my mind. As you can tell, I tend to easily go on and on. This was pretty much a quick, albeit a bit sketchy, summary of me, so there you have it!

Aloha :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...